Oct. 12, 2020 — Epic users who connect with each other to communicate about patients will switch to new Epic-based tools on Oct. 20. Epic Secure Chat will replace non-urgent Spok Messaging. Epic Push Notifications will also be available. Physicians, nurses and clinical and support staff who provide care and service to patients need to prepare now.
Please take the user-friendly training module. You can complete the reading and tutorial videos in as little as five minutes.
- Secure Chat enables users to exchange HIPAA-secure, real-time text messages within Epic from a desktop computer or mobile device. The integrated directory includes all UF Health Epic users to quickly find and contact each other for messages, consultations and requests.
- Push Notifications give authorized individuals status updates about patients in their care.
- Improved tools, customized based on physician, nurse and staff input
- Integrated into Epic within Hyperspace, Rover, Haiku and Canto
- User-friendly and reliable
- Enable fast communication and consultation between users
- Support quality, safe, efficient patient care