Aug. 12, 2019 — Starting Oct. 1, we’ll offer a new “Park-n-Ride” commuter option for UF Health faculty, residents, staff and volunteers. Weekdays, park for free at The Oaks Mall off Newberry Road and take a direct-express shuttle to two stops on our UF Health main campus.
- A UF Health Shands Shuttle will make multiple runs, stopping at:
- Our UF Health/Oaks Mall parking area (134 SW 62nd Street, by the new Dillard’s)
- The Circle of Hope (outside the cancer, heart and neuro hospitals)
- UF Health Shands Hospital (1600 SW Archer Road)
- Service will run Monday-Friday.
- The shuttle will run between the hours of 6:30-8:30 a.m. and 3:30-7:30 p.m., depending on registration and interest to meet users’ needs.
- Travel time will vary, depending on traffic. Based on tests, we anticipate each one-way trip to take 20-30 minutes. The direct-service shuttle will not make other stops. At this time, there will be one shuttle for this direct service.
- Sign up on the Bridge intranet portal: Type “Employee Parking” in the search bar and follow the links. Or go to Bridge.UFHealth.org/shands-facilities/services/parking-services/employee-parking/ and you’ll see the link.
- Once registered, you will be emailed instructions to pick up your free parking permit for our Oaks Mall commuter lot.
- Our UF Health commuter lot is located at 134 SW 62nd Street, across from the new Dillard’s location (formerly Macy’s). This is also adjacent to a city bus stop. This location is on the street that runs between The Oaks Mall and the shopping center with Hobby Lobby and Books-A-Million. Our parking area will be marked with sandwich boards during staff parking hours. A map will be posted on our Employee Parking site.
- When this UF Health/Oaks shuttle is not operating, those parking at the mall will need to make other transport arrangements to and from campus. The Regional Transit System, or RTS, buses are free for faculty, residents, staff, students and volunteers with a UF Health ID.
After reading the information posted on the “Employee Parking” site on the Bridge intranet, if you still have questions, please use the Bridge homepage “Suggestion Box” feature to submit feedback.